Research & Clinical Studies
Ever since opening that practice, Dr. Gonzalez has driven his teams to the forefront of ophthalmology research. That commitment to the future of ophthalmology continues at Gulf Coast Eye Institute. We strive to offer patients the newest, safest and most innovative vision correction technologies.
Our history of research continues today. The research team at Valley Retina Institute trials new devices, procedures, medications and other technologies under the guidance of Dr. Gonzalez.
Gulf Coast Eye Institute and Valley Retina Institute believe in providing comprehensive eye health to everyone. Not every patient is a candidate for every study, but certainly every patient benefits from the new understandings that medical research allows for. This is just one more reason thousands have trusted their vision to Gulf Coast Eye Institute.
Dr. Gonzalez’s Research
Dr. Gonzalez is at the heart of Valley Retina Institute’s focus on ophthalmic research. To learn more about Dr. Gonzalez, visit his biography page or view a few of his publications below:
- Inflammatory Cerebrospinal Fluid T cells have Activation Requirements Characteristic of CD4+CD45RA- T cells
- Computer-assisted corneal topography in parents of patients with Keratoconus
- Recurrence of Microbial Keratitis Concomitant with Anti-Inflammatory Treatment in an Animal Model
- Ocular Findings in Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenator Survivors
- Photodynamic Therapy of Pigmented Choroidal Melanomas
- Laser and Pharmacologic Therapies in the Treatment of Diabetic Macular Edema
- Pegaptanib Sodium for the Treatment of Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy and Diabetic Macular Edema
- Intravitreal injection of Pegaptanib Sodium for Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy